When a salad is so nutritional its not just about the greens!
What you’ll Need: 🗒️ ⠀
2 x 105g cans of King Oscar sardines in oil
250g of stale ciabatta loaf
500g of ripe tomatoes
1 handful of capers
1 handful of basil
1 small red onion
Ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
- Break the ciabatta into rough 3-4 cm pieces and leave aside in a warm place for around 30 minutes to dry out and preheat oven to 200°c.
- Place ciabatta pieces onto an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil then cook in oven for 10 mins.
- Roughly chop tomatoes seasoning with salt and pepper. Place into a bowl along with capers and finely sliced red onion.
- Take King Oscar Sardines and add to bowl with the dried ciabatta, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and about 2 times as much extra virgin olive oil then mix.
- Pick basil leaves, add to salad then serve.