S&W Mayonnaise is the best foundation for every dressing and dipping sauce. Did you know it also binds your favourites together??
What you’ll Need: 🗒️ ⠀
Ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
⅔ Cup of S&W Mayonnaise
1kg Beef tenderloin, fat and silverskin trimmed
3 cup fine fresh breadcrumbs made from day-old white bread
⅔ cup finely grated parmesan
4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained, finely chopped
4 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 pieces of bread
Butter bean puree
400g of canned butter beans
1 clove of crushed garlic
1/2 lemon juiced
3 sprigs of lemon thyme
- Season tenderloin with salt/pepper, place onto a backing rack with a lined baking pan underneath, rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220°c. Combine S&W Mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, parmesan, anchovy fillets, dijon mustard, lemon zest, Worcestershire sauce, 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped in a bowl. Spread mixture evenly around tenderloin.
- Roast tenderloin until crust is golden and place instant-read thermometer into thickest part of tenderloin registers 40°C– 45°C for rare or 50°C–55°C for medium-rare, 30–40 minutes.
- Rest tenderloin for 20 minutes and carve into 2 inch steaks.
Butter bean puree:
- Add butter beans into a small pot with 200 ml of water and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain beans, place into a blender with 200 ml of water, let stand for 5 mins.
- In a pan add olive oil and add lemon thyme sprigs to infuse with oil on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add saucepan olive oil and lemon thyme, salt, pepper and blend butter beans until smooth.
2 thoughts on “Caesar Crusted Roast Beef Tenderloin with Butter Bean Puree”