Winter in Australia is a time for amazing food and of course its truffle season! We have a fantastic & indulgent Mac N Cheese recipe that features the famous black perigord truffles from the cool climate of Western Australia’s pristine Manjimup region paired with the deliciously nutty and complex Comte cheese.
What you’ll Need: 🗒️ ⠀
150g Lescure Butter
2tbsp Plain Flour
500ml Full Cream Milk
250g Comté, grated, reserve some to top the Mac n Cheese before baking
black pepper to taste
1 Fresh black Truffle, Coomer Truffles
Pons Black Truffle Condiment
You will need, ramekins or oven proof bowls
- Bring the pasta to boil in a large pot of salted water. Cook until al dente, for approximately 8 mins and drain. Divide between 4 oven proof bowls or ramekins and set aside on a baking tray.
- Melt butter over a gentle heat in a medium sized pan, add flour and stir to combine. Gradually add milk and continue to stir over a medium heat until the béchamel sauce begins to thicken, check seasoning and adjust with salt & pepper.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in half of the grated comté & grate a few slivers of truffle into the sauce.
- Divide sauce between each ramekin and top with extra comté.
- Bake for 15-20 mins in the oven at 180C until the top of sauce is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling on top.